We have prepared the guide for you to assist you in your finalizing the perfect pair for you. So, let’s check that out.
With their great support to your ankles and easy to wear feature ASICS Women’s Gel-Kayano 24 Running Shoe is the editor’s pick for best tennis shoes for ankle support.
Things to Consider
The important things to keep in mind when you are looking at the shoes for ankle support are:
- This is a very important factor to consider, so look for the shoes that provide the padding in the shoe collar to support your ankles
- The tennis shoe must also include high quality cushioning from EVA foam
- Some shoes also provide air gel to cushion. Decide according to your preference
- As you will be wearing these shoes while playing so the breathability is a very important factor to avoid sweating in the feet that affects the performance
- For a good amount of breathability, go for the shoes that have a mesh upper
- This is an important factor because your foot needs to feel free while moving in the shoe. This feature can easily be checked by twisting the sole of the shoe
Now, let’s move to the products that incorporate these features that we have discussed above.
Top 7 Best Tennis Shoes for Ankle Support
|ASICS Women’s Gel-Kayano 24 Running Shoe|
☞ Flexible fit
|Price on Amazon|
|ASICS Men’s Gel-Nimbus 18|
☞ Fluid fit
☞ Less friction
|Price on Amazon|
|New Balance Men’s Fresh Foam 1080v7|
☞ Casual and sportswear
|Price on Amazon|
|Brooks Women’s Addiction 13|
☞ Great design
☞ DNA cushioning
☞ Inner fabric lining
|Price on Amazon|
|New Balance Women’s WX608v4|
☞ Made of leather
|Price on Amazon|
|PENGCHENG Men Women Air Cushion Shoe|
|Price on Amazon|
|ASICS Men’s GT-2000 4|
☞ Strong grip
☞ Good traction
☞ Stylish and modern look
|Price on Amazon|
1. ASICS Women’s Gel-Kayano 24 Running Shoe
- The tennis shoe has a comfortable cushioning and FLYTEFOAM technology fiber that allows the complete bounce back
- This includes multi-directional stretch mesh that adapts to your foot and provides a flexible fit
- The guidance line technology allows gait efficiency
- Its fluid ride midsole has a great durability
- The shoes are durable
- They have Flexible fit
- Toe durability is not that great
To have great ankle support, female athletes can use these ASICS women’s tennis shoes with ankle support, which is also one of our top suggestions. This shoe includes guidance line technology that will help you in increasing the natural gait of your foot.
The sole of these tennis shoes with ankle support is made using high quality rubber that provides you the required grip while playing. The bounce-back property and FLYTEFOAM technology make this ankle tennis shoes one of the most durable ones.
Its stretch mesh easily adapts to your foot size that gives it a flexible fit. Some drawbacks for this ankle tennis shoes are that its toe durability is not that great and some of the available sizes are too narrow.
2. ASICS Men’s Gel-Nimbus 18
- This shoe has gel cushioning for the rear and the front of the foot
- The shock reduction of these shoes is amazing and the toe impact is also very impressive
- Its seamless construction reduces the friction by a great deal
- The fluid ride technology allows it to have bounce-back properties
- The shoes provide Comfort to the feet
- It includes the Bounceback property
- Fluid fit
- Less friction
- Less durable
These best shoes for ankle support for men are perfect for playing tennis, basketball, and other sports of this sort. These ankle support shoes are completely synthetic which makes them a bit heavier as compared to other shoes but it also adds to increase their durability.
The heel clutching system in the best shoes for ankle support allows it to fit the heels nicely and also makes it easy to wear, and its multi-stretch mesh flexibly fits your feet. But unfortunately, the quality isn’t that great that makes it less durable when it is compared to other shoes.
3. New Balance Men’s Fresh Foam 1080v7
- The shoes are 100% synthetic
- For the comfortability, the sole is made using high quality rubber
- All the designs available are easy to fit and stylish looking
- These can be worn for playing sports as well as a casual wear
- Casual and sportswear
- A bit on the expensive side
This 100% synthetic ankle support shoes come in a lot handy when you need extra lateral and more ankle support that makes them a durable product for the athletes. The material of these best ankle support shoes makes them comfortable as well as breathable while playing sports.
One positive thing about these best ankle support shoes is that the insoles are replaceable. If the built-in insoles are not comfortable enough for you then you can replace them with your choice of insoles easily. If you need shoes for ankle support that provide stylish look along with comfort then these are the must-haves.
4. Brooks Women’s Addiction 13
- The collar and the shoe is padded for the extra comfort
- To have extra support the midsoles include DNA cushioning
- The inner lining fabric provides a great feel to your feet
- These shoes have less friction and they provide more stability
- The shoes have Great design
- It provides maximum support to your foot
- DNA cushioning
- It contains Inner fabric lining
- Bit expensive
- The foam design around the ankle is poor
The design of these shoes for ankle support is made using a mesh material and the sole is made of all high-end synthetic material which is not common in other tennis shoes. These features make the shoes with good ankle support extra comfortable with DNA cushioning.
Because of its mesh design, the walking shoes with ankle support are extremely breathable which makes your feet cool throughout the time you are wearing them. These shoes with good ankle support are also great for the people who sometimes have knee pains while wearing tennis shoes, these will prevent that issue.
5. New Balance Women’s WX608v4
- These shoes feature a durable and extra cushioning so you can have your active lifestyle without compromising on the comfort
- The forefoot flex grooves allow the flexibility that helps to move the feet freely
- It has EVA footbed and IMEVA midsole that provides the extra comfort
- The cushioning of these shoes provide extra stability throughout the day
- 100% leather is used in the construction that makes them durable
- These shoes are great for big feet
- Made of leather
- They are heavy for casual wear
If you want to play tennis or practice the sport these womens ankle support shoes are a great choice for you. It has an IMEVA midsole that provides comfortable cushioning and also makes it better for shock reduction.
100% leather is used in making these best women’s shoes for ankle support that make them long-lasting and durable. The forefoot flex grooves allow your feet to move more freely while wearing them.
But because of its leather construction, they might feel a bit heavy for some people, but that’s the only con we have found with this one which makes it a strong option for the tennis play.
6. PENGCHENG Men Women Air Cushion Shoe
- Its special air cushion design makes it comfortable and also enables it to reduce the shocks
- The upper part of the shoe has double layer knitted fabric that makes them breathable and keeps the feet cool
- These shoes will not cause a problem when you are running in it because of the flexibility feature
- The outsole of the shoe is durable, stable and highly elastic
- The material of the shoe is breathable
- Only good for women
- These shoes are not long-lasting
When you go to play tennis or even just for the practice you may want to wear something lightweight and comfortable, and for this purpose, these best shoes for ankle pain have made into our list of best shoes.
Along with their modern design, the special air cushion design makes these athletic shoes with ankle support comfortable to wear and also shock attenuation. Despite being shoes for both genders these shoes are more suitable for the women.
7. ASICS Men’s GT-2000 4
- The fluid ride provides the perfect combination of cushioning and bounce-back that makes it durable
- It also includes the dynamic duo max support system that makes it more stable and provides support with reduced weight
- The cushioning present in the rear and the front of the foot makes it more stable from the shocks
- Its synthetic material and flexible fit makes it more breathable
- The sock liner is dry and makes you feel easy in it
- These shoes have a strong grip
- Good traction
- They also give a stylish and modern look
- Doubtful toe durability
These ASICS mens shoes with ankle support are like any other shoes from the company with their elegant design and 100% synthetic construction. The rubber sole of these shoes with ankle support makes it durable and allows them to have a strong grip but still, the durability of the toes is the concern.
These tennis shoes with support are an affordable option for the players because you can also wear them for your casual use, which makes them a multi-purpose investment.
Nothing is more important for a sporty person than to avoid injuries. To prevent injuries and to provide support for your ankles, high top tennis shoes for ankle support are introduced in the market. With their comfortable cushioning and support you can live an active lifestyle without fearing to hurt your ankles.
In this article, we have recommended 7 high top tennis shoes for ankle support that are highly appreciated by the buyers. We have also mentioned the key features and the pros and cons of each product so you know what you are paying for.
1. What are the best shoes for ankle support?
The top 3 suggestions for the best ankle support shoes, that we highly recommend are:
- ASICS Women’s Gel-Kayano 24 Running Shoe
- ASICS Men’s Gel-Nimbus 18
- New Balance Men’s Fresh Foam 1080v7
If you want to see more and check more products you can look at the recommendations above.
2. Which shoes are best for ankle pain?
New Balance Men’s Fresh Foam 1080v7 is the best tennis shoes for ankle support for pain because of its gel cushioning in the rear and the front of the shoe.
3. Are high top shoes better for ankles?
Yes, the high top ankle support shoes are great for your ankles, but still, to avoid the injuries of the ankle you should have a strong muscle.
4. What tennis shoes do podiatrists recommend?
The few tennis shoe recommendation by podiatrists are the following:
- BackToCool handmade women’s oxford
- Brooks Asteria
- Naot Abbie sandle
- Thierry Rabotin
- Samuel Hubbard
5. Are Skechers good for ankle support?
Yes, they are one of the most breathable lightweight shoes you can find in the market today for good ankle support.
6. What is the best walking tennis shoe?
ASICS Gel Contend 4 is considered to be the best shoes for ankle support when walking with its great reviews by the customers.
7. What is the most comfortable tennis shoes?
The trainers by Everlane are the most comfortable and ankle support shoes in the market today. Other than this pair you can also check our recommendations as they will also provide comfort to your feet.
8. What tennis shoes have the best support?
The ankle support sneakers that have proven to provide the best support are:
- PENGCHENG Men Women Air Cushion Shoe
- New Balance Women’s WX608v4
- Prince Women’s T22
9. Can I wear shoes with an ankle brace?
Yes, you can. Ankle pain is the most common thing that a person faces, so wearing shoes along with the ankle braces is a very productive choice to prevents ankle pain.
10. Do I wear ankle brace over or under sock?
To have more stability and support you should wear ankle braces under your sock and never wear them over the sock.