The best tennis shoes for ankle support comes with the right fitting, cushioning, breathability, and flexibility to increase performance. To move freely and gain extra-lateral movements right tennis shoes incorporates proper support and balance to the feet on every kind of court.
We have prepared the guide for you to assist you in your finalizing the perfect pair for you.
Things to Consider before buying the best tennis shoes for ankle support
To enhance your game on the field the right pair of tennis shoes that support your ankle the best comes in handy. Before getting your next pair of shoes, look out for these essential features that directly affect lateral movements and quick turns on the field.
Once you are comfortable in your shoes, there are fewer chances that you will trip on the ground while hitting your perfect shot. Adequate padding around the collar of the shoes enhances the support required for the foot. Along with collar support, necessary padding built into the heel area plays a vital role. Enhancing support with a good lace-up system helps in locking down your foot for stable movement.
Cushioning in the midsoles enhances support and also helps in shock absorption on the ground. To give your feet an extra comfort, a comfortable cushioning from EVA foam in the midsoles contribute to seamless movement without causing injury to your ankles. Air or gel cushions are used for the very purpose that offers different feel on t
Not to suffocate your feet that in turn make you feel super uncomfortable during the game, go for the upper or fabric that allows your feet to breathe or the fabric that wicks away the moisture. Breathable shoes help in preventing blisters and other foot issues.
With all the jumping and stretching, quick changes in the direction and lateral movements, your feet and limbs go through a lot of stress. The right sole prevents shocks and stress on your ankles. Either Molded Polyurethane (PU) or Ethyl Vinyl Acetate (EVA) soles and midsoles are well known for absorbing shock impact.
To prevent slips and falls on the ground that leads to injuries, it is imperative to have a good grip on the court. Different court surfaces require different type of grip to enhance agility. Depending on the foot type there are different type of shoes that enhances your grip on the ground along with offering the best support and comfort.
To prevent long term damage to the feet, the right fitting plays a crucial role in maximizing the comfort and minimizing the discomfort. To understand what type of shoes are the most suitable as per the foot type, here is a quick guide.
- Pronated foot: Shoes with lateral support.
- Supinated foot: Shoes with adequate cushioning to avoid ankle injury or potential rollover.
- Neutral foot: Shoes with better stability.
Now, let’s move to the products that incorporate these features that we have discussed above.
Top Best Tennis Shoes for Ankle Support
|PENGCHENG Men Women Air Cushion Shoe|
|Price on Amazon
|ASICS Women’s Gel-Kayano 24 Running Shoe|
☞ Flexible fit
|Price on Amazon
|ASICS Men’s Gel-Nimbus 19|
☞ Fluid fit
☞ Less friction
|Price on Amazon
|Brooks Women’s Addiction 13|
☞ Great design
☞ DNA cushioning
☞ Inner fabric lining
|Price on Amazon
|ASICS Men’s GT-2000 4|
☞ Strong grip
☞ Good traction
☞ Stylish and modern look
|Price on Amazon
1. PENGCHENG Air Cushion Shoe – Overall Best Tennis Shoes For Ankle Support
- Air cushion design
- Insole holes for better breathability
- Non-slip durable outsole
- Breathable knitted upper
- Its air cushion design makes it comfortable and also enables it to reduce the shocks.
- The upper part of the shoe has double layer knitted fabric that makes them breathable and keeps the feet cool.
- These shoes will not cause a problem when you are running in it because of the flexibility feature.
- The outsole of the shoe is durable, stable and highly elastic.
- These shoes are not long-lasting
Combination of Chinese and Western design, these shoes offer the modern design along with special air cushions making it the best shoes for ankle support. Keeping comfort and functionality priority these shoes offer ultimate shock attenuation. Its non-slip durable outsole allow players to move freely on any kind of surface.
2. ASICS Women’s Gel-Kayano 24 Running Shoe – best value tennis shoes for ankle support
- Variable colours
- 100% synthetic
- Fluid fit upper
- Fluid fit midsole
- ASICS design
- Heel clutching system
- Rear foot and forefoot GEL cushioning
- The tennis shoe has a comfortable cushioning and FLYTEFOAM technology fiber that allows complete bounce back.
- Made with multi-directional stretch mesh that adapts to your foot and provides a flexible fit.
- The guidance line technology allows gait efficiency.
- Its fluid ride midsole has a great durability.
- Toe box is too narrow.
To have great ankle support, female athletes can use these ASICS women’s tennis shoes with ankle support that makes your last step as comfortable as the first one. From structural support to lightweight cushioning and flexible fit, it makes comfort and functionality a priority.
The sole of these tennis shoes with ankle support is made using high-quality rubber that provides you with the required grip while playing. Its FLYTEFOAM bounce-back technology make it the best tennis shoes when it comes to comfort and performance. Its stretch mesh easily adapts to your foot size that gives it a flexible fit.
3. ASICS Men’s Gel-Nimbus 19 – AHAR grip Best Tennis Shoes For Ankle Support
- Gum rubber sole
- Impact guidance system (IGS)
- Clutch counter system enhances stability
- AHAR extra grip
- This shoe has gel cushioning for the rear and the front of the foot.
- The shock reduction of these shoes is amazing and the toe impact is also very impressive.
- Its seamless construction reduces the friction by a great deal.
- The fluid ride technology allows it to have bounce-back properties.
- Less durable
These best shoes for ankle support for men are perfect for playing tennis, basketball, and other sports of this sort. These ankle support shoes are completely synthetic which makes them a bit heavier as compared to other shoes but it also adds to increase their durability.
The heel clutching system in the best shoes for ankle support allows it to fit the heels nicely and also makes it easy to wear, and its multi-stretch mesh flexibly fits your feet.
4. Brooks Women’s Addiction 13 – best cushioning tennis shoes for ankle support
- BioMoGo DNA midsole adaptive cushioning
- Segmented Crash Pad heel-toe transition
- Perforated mesh
- Omega Flex Grooves
- 12 mm thick midsole
- The collar and the shoe is padded for the extra comfort.
- To have extra support the midsoles include DNA cushioning.
- The inner lining fabric provides a great feel to your feet.
- These shoes have less friction and they provide more stability.
- It contains Inner fabric lining
- Bit expensive
- The foam design around the ankle is poor
The design of these shoes for ankle support is made using a mesh material and the sole is made of all high-end synthetic material which is not common in other tennis shoes. These features make the shoes with good ankle support extra comfortable with DNA cushioning.
Its mesh design, the walking shoes with ankle support are extremely breathable which makes your feet cool throughout the time you are wearing them. These shoes with good ankle support are also great for the people who sometimes have knee pains while wearing tennis shoes, these will prevent that issue.
5. ASICS Men’s GT-2000 4 – best bounce back tennis shoes
- 100% synthetic
- Fluid ride bounce back cushioning
- Dynamic duiomax support system
- Rear foot and forefoot gel cushioning
- The fluid ride provides the perfect combination of cushioning and bounce-back.
- Stable and lightweight.
- Rear and front foot cushioning makes absorb shocks.
- Its synthetic material and flexible fit makes it more breathable.
- They come with a stylish and modern look.
- Doubtful toe durability
These ASICS men’s shoes with ankle support are like any other shoes from the company with their elegant design and 100% synthetic construction. The rubber sole of these shoes with ankle support makes it durable and allows them to have a strong grip but still, the durability of the toes is the concern. These tennis shoes with support are an affordable option for the players because you can also wear them for your casual use, which makes them a multi-purpose investment.
Conclusion Best Tennis Shoes For Ankle Support
Finding the best tennis shoes for ankle support may seem overshelimg if you are not well aware of what to look for when it comes to features. To prevent injuries and provide support for your ankles, specifically designed for the very purpose, top tennis shoes for ankle support are the way to go. Combination of their comfortable cushioning and construction material along with designers, you can enjoy your game without fearing to hurt your ankles.
1. What are the best shoes for ankle support?
The top 3 suggestions for the best ankle support shoes, that we highly recommend are:
- ASICS Women’s Gel-Kayano 24 Running Shoe
- ASICS Men’s Gel-Nimbus 18
- New Balance Men’s Fresh Foam 1080v7
If you want to see more and check more products you can look at the recommendations above.
2. Which shoes are Best Tennis Shoes For Ankle Support?
New Balance Men’s Fresh Foam 1080v7 is the best tennis shoes for ankle support for pain because of its gel cushioning in the rear and the front of the shoe.
3. Are high top shoes better for ankles?
Yes, the high top ankle support shoes are great for your ankles, but still, to avoid the injuries of the ankle you should have a strong muscle.
4. What tennis shoes do podiatrists recommend?
The few tennis shoe recommendation by podiatrists are the following:
- BackToCool handmade women’s oxford
- Brooks Asteria
- Naot Abbie sandle
- Thierry Rabotin
- Samuel Hubbard
5. Are Skechers good for ankle support?
Yes, they are one of the most breathable lightweight shoes you can find in the market today for good ankle support.
6. What is the best walking tennis shoe?
ASICS Gel Contend 4 is considered to be the best shoes for ankle support when walking with its great reviews by the customers.
7. What is the most comfortable tennis shoes?
The trainers by Everlane are the most comfortable and ankle support shoes in the market today. Other than this pair you can also check our recommendations as they will also provide comfort to your feet.
8. What tennis shoes have the best support?
The ankle support sneakers that have proven to provide the best support are:
- PENGCHENG Men Women Air Cushion Shoe
- New Balance Women’s WX608v4
- Prince Women’s T22
9. Can I wear shoes with an ankle brace?
Yes, you can. Ankle pain is the most common thing that a person faces, so wearing shoes along with the ankle braces is a very productive choice to prevents ankle pain.
10. Do I wear ankle brace over or under sock?
To have more stability and support you should wear ankle braces under your sock and never wear them over the sock.