Most of us have experienced the inconvenient loss of signals during a call when we are driving through rural areas. Such weakness of network signal could also pose an issue when are using data for navigation on road trips. If you use a cell phone booster for your car, you can effectively overcome such common issues.
After analyzing numerous options available in the market, our team has spent countless hours in search of the best cell phone booster for car. So, let us get started!
weBoost Drive 4G-X (470510) – best cell phone booster for car
Factors to consider while looking for the best cell phone booster for car
Wireless Connection Needed
Some boosters are only designed to work with 3G internet, some work with 4G and some are suitable for both. In case you own a phone that is compatible with 4G, then you should get a booster keeping that in mind.
Number of Rooms needing coverage in a home or office
Signal boosters can vary in the area they cover. Some of these devices are engineered to provide cover to entire floors, while some can only manage to cover one room. Usually, an estimation of the coverage area of the device is provided in its specifications.
Number of Users
No matter if you use the booster for your car or your home, you would need to keep in my how many users can connect to it at one time. If you want to be able to connect different smartphones and other devices simultaneously, then you should get a suitable booster.
Device with Multi-bandwidth
If you plan on using the booster in your office or home, there are high chances that you would have other wireless networks and devices in the vicinity. This might lead to interference in signals. However, a booster with a multi-bandwidth feature can adjust frequencies to reduce any interference. Thus, giving you a stronger connection.
Dividing a single output into multiples ones needs a splitter. Usually, splitters are available in a three-way and four-way variants. This allows you to evenly split one signal into three or four ones. Using a splitter can cause a slight loss of efficiency which should be taken into account while selecting the best cell phone booster for a car.
A tapper aka a coupler unevenly splits a signal into multiple ones. This component is used in signal boosters than are needed to split signals but also to send a stronger signal in one direction.
weBoost Drive 4G-X (470510) – best cell phones booster for car
- Dimensions: 4 x 6.5 x 8 inches
- Weight: 2.18lbs
- Manufacturer: Wilson Electronics
weBoost Drive Sleek (470135) – Vehicle Cell Phone Signal Booster with Cradle Mount | Car, Truck, Van, or SUV | U.S. Company | U.S. Carriers – Verizon, AT&T, T-Mobile, Sprint & More | FCC Approved
- Dimensions: 0.65 x 1.6 x 7 inches
- Weight: 1.8lbs
- Manufacturer: Wilson Electronics
SureCall EZ 4G Plug-and-Play Cell Phone Signal Booster Kit for Working from Home – Boosts 3G/4G LTE for All Carriers
- Dimensions: 9.25 x 17.3 x 14.65 inches
- Weight: 5lbs
- Manufacturer: Sure Call
Smoothtalker X6 Pro 50dB 4G LTE Extreme Power – Cellular Signal Booster
- Dimensions: N/A
- Weight: 2.4lbs
- Manufacturer: Mobile Communications Inc.
SureCall Fusion2Go 3.0 Cell Phone Signal Booster for Vehicle – Whole vehicle coverage for multiple devices | Boosts Voice, data for 4G, LTE, 3G, Model: SC-FUSION2GO3
- Dimensions: 9 x 4 x 9 inches
- Weight: 2lbs
- Manufacturer: Pace International
Cel-Fi PRO | AT&T – Plug & Play Smart Signal Booster
- Dimensions: 12.32 x 8.43 x 7.28 inches
- Weight: 4.52lbs
- Manufacturer: Nextivity
weBoost Drive 4G-M (470121) Cell Phone Signal Booster for Your Car & Truck – Verizon, AT&T, T-Mobile, Sprint – Enhance Your Cell Phone Signal up to 32x
- Dimensions: 4.5 x 1.5 x 6.5 inches
- Weight: 1.14lbs
- Manufacturer: Wilson Electronics
SureCall Flare 3.0 Cell Phone Signal Booster for Home – Yagi Antenna Configuration | Integrated indoor antenna for easier install | Covers up to 3000 sq ft | Boosts Voice, data for 4G, LTE, 3G
- Dimensions: 7.2 x 5.1 x 5.6 inches
- Weight: 7.78lbs
- Manufacturer: Sure Call
1. weBoost Drive 4G-X (470510) – best cell phone booster for car
weBoost Drive 4G-X comes from a company that has a great reputation regarding the manufacturing of cell phone boosters. It is capable of giving a boost of 50 dB to the signals received by your phone.
The Drive 4G-X can be easily carried along due to its small size. It also comes with a kit and can be installed on a convenient spot. It works for most of the major U.S. networks, including T-Mobile, AT&T, etc.
Overall, this device is one of the best cell phone boosters for cars. However, some people find the external antenna slightly challenging to place.
- Powerful transmission
- The battery life of the phone is improved
- Up to 4 users can connect simultaneously
- Expensive Wires for internal transmission are complex
- Challenging to place the outdoor antenna
2. weBoost Drive Sleek (470135) – Vehicle Cell Phone Signal Booster with Cradle Mount | Car, Truck, Van, or SUV | U.S. Company | U.S. Carriers – Verizon, AT&T, T-Mobile, Sprint & More | FCC Approved
weBoost Drive Sleek is a state-of-the-art and modern device for boosting signals. This device is approved by the FCC, which means it won’t cause any interruptions to signals coming from cell phone towers. The Drive Sleek gives you a 17-18 dB boost in signals.
A very impressive feature that this device offers is that it can charge your phone device and work as a power bank. It also supports 5G speed and allows you to boost signals from all major U.S. networks.
All in all, this cell phone signal booster has a variety of amazing features. However, some customers have experienced that the device’s signal-boosting might get weaker with time.
- Enhanced call and voice quality
- Works with most smartphones
- Charges the phone
- Signal boosting strength weakens with time
3. SureCall EZ 4G Plug-and-Play Cell Phone Signal Booster Kit for Working from Home – Boosts 3G/4G LTE for All Carriers
The EZ cell phone booster by SureCall is a solution for users who are unable to find a suitable place for external antennas. This device is capable of giving existing signals a boost of up to 72 dB, just like other devices that require external antennas.
You can easily place this device’s antenna in your window and it provides you coverage for 1-2 rooms, depending on existing signals. It can also support multiple users at one time. The device can amplify signals of all North American networks.
All in all, this device is a great option if you don’t want to go through the hassle of placing an external antenna. But, the device also has a lower signal strength compared to others.
- Multiple devices are supported
- The phone’s battery life is extended
- Range is excellent
- Power ability isn’t very strong
4. Smoothtalker X6 Pro 50dB 4G LTE – Cellular Signal Booster
The X6 Pro by Smoothtalker is a device designed to boost 3G and 4G LTE signals inside a car or a full-sized RV. It has a magnetic 14-inch antenna that offers commercial quality signal boosting. It is specifically designed for large vehicles.
The mounting brackets included with the device can effectively attach the bulky antenna to a suitable position. This device can give a boost to up to 50 dB to existing signals. In addition to that, it comes with a 2-year warranty.
This heavy-duty signal booster is a good option to consider, however, some users find the antenna too bulky.
- Can boost signals by 50 dB
- Multiple users are supported
- Comes with a 2-year warranty
- The outdoor antenna is very large
- Patch antenna clamp is bulky
- Sprint network isn’t supported
5. SureCall Fusion2Go 3.0 Cell Phone Signal Booster for Vehicle – Whole vehicle coverage for multiple devices | Boosts Voice, data for 4G, LTE, 3G, Model: SC-FUSION2GO3
The Fusion2Go is one of the most powerful cell phone signal booster provided by SureCall. This device is capable of boosting existing signals by 50 dB. It works with both 3G and 4G LTE speeds. The Fusion2Go is also easy to install.
This device supports multiple users simultaneously, and users sitting the closest to the internal antenna will get the strongest signals. The external antenna has a magnetic mounting mechanism and all you need to do is find a place to place it.
Overall, the Fusion2Go by SureCall is an option worth considering. However, some people believe that the price is higher than the value it provides.
- Boosts existing signals up to 50 dB
- The phone’s battery life is improved
- Supports multiple users simultaneously
- Doesn’t charge the phone through USB
- Price is too high
6. Cel-Fi PRO | AT&T – Plug & Play Smart Signal Booster
The Cel-Fi Pro is a device that can amplify existing signals up to an impressive 100 dB rather than the 72 dB boost by its competitors. This device is designed for users who need an extremely strong signal booster.
This commercial-grade amplifies signals from the U.S. network AT&T and doesn’t need an external antenna. The device has a small design but is capable of providing coverage to an area up to 13,000 square feet. It also has an LCD interface which makes it easier to interact with.
Overall, this device is an impressive option if you want strong signals without an external antenna. However, some people find the device a little expensive.
- Installation is easy
- It is easy to connect to
- Very strong Signal Boost
- Only supports AT&T
7. weBoost Drive 4G-M (470121) Cell Phone Signal Booster for Your Car & Truck – Verizon, AT&T, T-Mobile, Sprint – Enhance Your Cell Phone Signal up to 32x
Even though weBoost’s 4G-X is their most powerful signal booster, the Drive 4G-M is a lot more budget-friendly. This device works well for those who need less signal boosting than the 4G-X model. Its external antenna can give the same 50 dB boost to signals like the 4G-X model.
The external antenna of the device has strong magnets to help it get mounted. Also, the antenna intended for inside has an adhesive mounting style. It can effectively amplify signals from all major U.S networks including Sprint, Verizon, T-Mobile, etc.
All in all, this device is a more budget-friendly variant from weBoost. However, some users find the external antenna challenging to place.
- Supports up to 4 users
- Improves phone battery life
- Compact and durable components
- Challenging to position the outdoor antenna
- Lower signal boost than the 4G-X
8. SureCall Flare 3.0 Cell Phone Signal Booster for Home Yagi Antenna Configuration – Integrated indoor antenna for easier install | Covers up to 3000 sq ft | Boosts Voice, data for 4G, LTE, 3G
The Flare 3.0 by SureCall is capable of boosting signals up to 3,000 square feet. It uses an internal omnidirectional antenna and a directional antenna on the outside. You can place the outside antenna wherever you get the best signal quality. However, you are free to place the inside antenna where you want.
This device works great for providing coverage to multiple rooms and is very easy to install. Just like the previous devices on this list, this one also works with all major U.S. networks.
Overall, this is a cell phone booster that is one you should consider. However, some users find the durability of the device slightly lower than their expectations.
- Very easy to install
- Boost signals effectively
- Has a great battery life
- Durability isn’t great
As made evident by this list, there are a lot of different cell phone boosters available in the market. All these devices have their pros and cons, however, the 4G-X by weBoost is the best cell phone booster for car.
It is a device that would fulfill most, if not all, of your signal boosting needs effectively. This is a purchase that would give you good value for the money you spend.
- Are cell phone signal boosters worth it?
Yes, absolutely. If you have a cell phone plan that works for you but you experience low signal strength while traveling in your car or at home, consider getting this device.
- Will AT&T give you a signal booster?
No, AT&T doesn’t give you a cell phone signal booster. You can only get such devices from authorized dealers.
- Can you boost the cell phone signal?
Yes, for sure. A cell phone booster device amplifies existing signals and sends a stronger signal to your phone.
- Do LTE signal boosters work?
Most cell phone booster devices are capable of amplifying LTE signals by most U.S networks.
- Do Verizon signal boosters work?
Yes, a lot of the cell phone signal boosters work with the Verizon network.
- Will a cell phone booster work with no signal?
No, a cell phone booster doesn’t work without signals. These devices need at least a small amount of existing signals in order to boost them.
- Do signal boosters apps work?
No, signal booster apps don’t work. Apps claiming that they can boost signals are incapable of doing that.